• We are conducting employee health checks for all Bay Transit employees at the beginning of their shift every day, including checking for COVID-19 symptoms and taking their temperature.
• All buses are being disinfected several times a day.
• On demand service is available throughout the service area from Monday through Friday from 6 AM to 6 PM.
• To minimize passenger and driver interaction, Bay Transit has suspended all fare collection. That means all passengers ride for free until further notice.
• As customers call in to schedule rides, they are pre-screened.
• To facilitate social distancing while on the bus, we limit buses to a maximum of three people and have seats taped off to keep riders separated and away from the bus driver and other riders.
• In coordination with area hospitals, Bay Transit has suspended stops at Urgent Care facilities and hospitals along our fixed route lines in Gloucester and Essex County.
• As customers call in to schedule rides, we are asking them to limit travel to essential rides to work, medical appointments, the bank and shopping for necessities.
• Whenever possible, we are asking riders to wear face masks while riding on Bay Transit buses.
If You Are Sick, Don’t Ride the Bus
• No Fever of 100.4 or Higher
• No Chills, Coughing, Sore Throat or Shortness of breath
Keep Your Distance
• Stay 6 Feet Away From Driver
• Do Not Pay Fare – it has been suspended (See above)
• Walk Quickly Past the Driver
• Stay 6 Feet Away from Other Passengers
Help Keep Our Drivers & Passengers Safe