Over the next few weeks, they’ll discuss the different ways to manage risk, introduce some insurance terms, and discuss various types of insurance such as auto, health, homeowner’s, disability, life, and long-term care insurance.
You DO NOT want to miss this!
The GRC has upgraded communications!
Sign up today for our weekly email to stay on top of everything human service related in Gloucester…
Meetings, events, resources, funding opportunities, trainings, public benefits… hey, today we even learned about how you could win a new car!
You never know what you’re going to get at the GRC!
A special thanks to Lisa Laurier, Population Health Manager for the Three Rivers Health District for providing an update on COVID-19 vaccinations during the Gloucester Resource Council monthly meeting this morning!
According to Laurier:
– The local health district is currently receiving and distributing 700 vaccines per week.
– There are over 10,000 names in the Virginia Department of Health’s database for call backs for vaccine appointments.
– It will likely be summer before the local health district can vaccinate everyone in Phase 1b unless substantially more vaccines are sent.
– Primary groups being vaccinated are school personnel and those 65+.
– If your primary care provider is with Riverside or a major healthcare system, you will likely receive your vaccine quicker than going through the health department, as those health systems are receiving their own sets of doses.
To register to receive a call back from the health department when a vaccine is available to you, visit: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/three-rivers/ or call 804-824-2733.