This free collection is open to Gloucester County residents only. Commercial quantities, quantities that exceed a reasonable residential household amount, and/or hazardous waste generated by businesses will not be accepted.
This collection allows residents an opportunity to dispose of:
– Automobile hazardous waste – antifreeze, brake and transmission fluids, gasoline (and mixtures thereof), batteries, etc.
– Gardening/Outdoor supplies – pesticides, herbicides, pool chemicals, etc.
– Household items – small propane canisters and propane tanks for grills, fire extinguishers, toxic household cleaners, drain cleaners, mercury, batteries, electronics, etc.
– Painting supplies – paints, thinners, solvents, epoxies, wood preservatives, etc.
Items NOT Accepted
Items that cannot be accepted:
– Ammunition, explosives, fireworks, and marine and other flares
– Drugs, medicines, and medical waste (drug dropbox at Sheriff’s office, 7502 Justice Dr.)
– Household trash (can be taken to any convenience center)
Collection of Harmful Waste
The average household has between three and ten gallons of materials that are potentially hazardous to human health or the environment. Many products in daily use (cleaners, pesticides, solvents) are toxic in our environment to people and ecosystems when disposed of improperly. Gloucester County and Waste Management provide residents two opportunities annually to safely dispose of these items for no charge. Household Harmful Waste Collections are generally held on the third Saturday of April and October.